The below wiki article is based on user submitted content.
Please verify all hyperlinks and terminal commands below!
Dumping Updates and DLCs
How to Dump Updates and DLCs from a 3DS System
With the onset of sighax and boot9strap, the supported method of dumping games and system applications is GodMode9.
- Latest version of GodMode9
- 3DS system with boot9strap
- SD card with enough space to hold the dump; 8GB or higher recommended
- SD card reader (preferred), or a way to use wireless file transfer
- Set up GodMode9 using the quick start guide here. Boot9Strap is recommended.
- Put the SD card into the 3DS.
- Boot into GodMode9.
- Using the D-Pad, navigate to the drive applicable to
[A:] SYSNAND SD.
- Press (A) to enter the drive.
- Use the D-Pad to navigate to
titledirectory and press (A) to enter it.
Highlight the directory for the type of installed title you wish to dump.
- Updates - 0004000e
- DLCs - 0004008c
Hold down ® and press (A) to open the folder search menu.
Press (A) to search for titles in the current folder.
Press (A) to continue.
- Use the D-Pad to navigate to the title you want to dump.
- Press (A) to select the TMD file.
- Press (A) to open the TMD file options.
- Use the D-Pad to navigate to the
Build CIA (standard)option.
- Press (A) to start dumping the title.
- Press (A) to continue.
- Hold down the Right shoulder button and press (START) to power off your 3DS.
- Put the SD card in your computer.
- Navigate to the
./gm9/outfolder on your SD card.
- Identify the title. The format of the file name may be one of the following:
- Copy the CIA to a folder on your computer.
You can now install the update or DLC to Citra’s emulated SD SYSNAND (
File > Install CIA...).