The below wiki article is based on user submitted content.
Please verify all hyperlinks and terminal commands below!
Dumping Updates and DLCs
How to Dump Updates and DLCs from a 3DS System
threeSD is a tool written to help import data from your 3DS for Citra more conveniently. It is currently in early development, so problems may occur. Should that happen, report them in our Discord server. Then, you can use an alternate way to dump your files such as directly using GodMode9.
Refer to threeSD Quickstart Guide for importing your installed titles, updates, DLCs, save data, extra data, system files, etc. Note that you’ll still need a hacked 3DS with GodMode9 to obtain your keys so that threeSD can decrypt the data on your SD card.
With the onset of sighax and boot9strap, the supported method of dumping games and system applications is GodMode9.
- Latest version of GodMode9
- 3DS system with boot9strap
- SD card with enough space to hold the dump; 8GB or higher recommended
- SD card reader (preferred), or a way to use wireless file transfer
- Set up GodMode9 using the quick start guide here. Boot9Strap is recommended.
- Put the SD card into the 3DS.
- Boot into GodMode9.
- Using the D-Pad, navigate to the drive applicable to
[A:] SYSNAND SD.
- Press (A) to enter the drive.
- Use the D-Pad to navigate to
titledirectory and press (A) to enter it.
Highlight the directory for the type of installed title you wish to dump.
- Updates - 0004000e
- DLCs - 0004008c
Hold down ® and press (A) to open the folder search menu.
Press (A) to search for titles in the current folder.
Press (A) to continue.
- Use the D-Pad to navigate to the title you want to dump.
- Press (A) to select the TMD file.
- Press (A) to open the TMD file options.
- Use the D-Pad to navigate to the
Build CIA (standard)option.
- Press (A) to start dumping the title.
- Press (A) to continue.
- Hold down the Right shoulder button and press (START) to power off your 3DS.
- Put the SD card in your computer.
- Navigate to the
./gm9/outfolder on your SD card.
- Identify the title. The format of the file name may be one of the following:
- Copy the CIA to a folder on your computer.
You can now install the update or DLC to Citra’s emulated SD SYSNAND (
File > Install CIA...).