Dumping Installed Titles
How to Dump Titles Installed to a 3DS System
Note on DLC and updates
The latest version of Citra now supports DLCs and updates. Please see Dumping Updates and DLCs on how to dump them.
threeSD is a tool written to help import data from your 3DS for Citra more conveniently and it dumps all the needed files with one operaton, meaning you don’t need to repeatedly dump your games or system software. If you get new games or DLC, those will need to be dumped again.
Refer to threeSD Quickstart Guide for importing your installed titles, updates, DLCs, save data, extra data, system files, etc. Note that you’ll still need a hacked 3DS with GodMode9 to obtain your keys so that threeSD can decrypt the data on your SD card.
With the onset of sighax and boot9strap, the supported method of dumping games and system applications is GodMode9.
- Latest version of GodMode9
- 3DS system with boot9strap
- SD card with enough space to hold the dump; 8GB or higher recommended
- SD card reader (preferred), or a way to use wireless file transfer
- Set up GodMode9 using the quick start guide here. boot9strap is recommended.
- Put the SD card into the 3DS.
- Boot into GodMode9 by holding (START) and pressing (POWER).
- Press the (HOME) button and select
Title managerby pressing (A).
- Select either
[A:] SD CARDor
[1:] NAND/TWLdepending on what you want to dump.
- User Installed/eShop Titles:
[A:] SD CARD
- System Titles:
- Select the title you want to dump.
Dump CXI/NDS file.
- Wait until the dump is completed, and then press (A) to continue.
- Hold down (R) and press (START) to power off your 3DS.
- Take out the SD card and insert into your computer.
- Navigate to the
/gm9/outfolder on your SD card.
- Identify the title. The format of the file name may be one of the following:
<Title Name> (<Product Code>) (<Region>).cxi
<Title ID> (<Product Code>).cxi
- Copy the CXI to a folder on your computer.
You can now use this ROM/image with Citra. You can open it directly from the menu bar (
File > Load File) or add a folder containing all your dumps by double-clicking the + icon in the main Citra window or by double clicking on
Add New Game Directory.
There was an error with dumping
- Make sure you are using the latest version of GodMode9.
- Try re-downloading the title from the eShop.