Dumping Game Cartridges
How to Dump 3DS Cartridges for Citra
You must have a 3DS for this; you cannot use a PC alone.
Note on DLC and updates
Dumping a cartridge does not dump DLC and updates for that cartridge. Those are stored on the SD card. See Dumping Updates and DLCs for more information.
With the onset of sighax and boot9strap, the supported method of dumping game cartridges is GodMode9.
- Latest version of GodMode9
- 3DS system with boot9strap
- SD card with enough space to hold the dump; 8GB or higher recommended
- SD card reader (preferred), or a way to use wireless file transfer
- Set up GodMode9 using the quick start guide here. boot9strap is recommended.
- Put the SD card into the 3DS.
- Boot into GodMode9 by holding (START) and pressing (POWER).
[C:] GAMECARTby navigating using the D-Pad and pressing (A).
[TitleID]_[version].trim.3ds, then select
NCSD image options..., then select
Decrypt file (0:/gm9/out).
- Once this process completes, continue by pressing (A).
- Hold (R) and press (START) to power off your 3DS.
- Eject the SD card from the console and insert it in your computer.
- Copy the .3ds file inside
/gm9/out/to a folder on your computer.
You can now use this game with Citra. You can open it directly from the menu bar (
File > Load File) or add a folder containing all your dumps by double-clicking the + icon in the main Citra window or by double clicking on
Add New Game Directory.
There was an error with dumping
- Make sure you are using the latest version of GodMode9.