The below wiki article is based on user submitted content.
Please verify all hyperlinks and terminal commands below!
Dumping Game Cartridges
How to Dump and Decrypt 3DS Cartridges
You must have a 3DS for this, you cannot use a PC alone.
Note on DLC and updates
Dumping a cartridge does not dump DLC and updates for that cartridge. Those are stored on the SD card. See Dumping Installed Titles for more information.
With the onset of sighax and boot9strap, the supported method of dumping game cartridges is GodMode9.
- Latest version of GodMode9
- 3DS system with boot9strap
- SD card with enough space to hold the dump; 8GB or higher recommended
- SD card reader (preferred), or a way to use wireless file transfer
- Set up GodMode9 using SigHax / Boot9Strap. Read its readme on how to do this.
- Put the SD card into the 3DS.
- From the root GodMode9 menu, navigate to
[TitleID].trim.3ds, then select
NCSD image options..., then select
Decrypt file (0:/gm9out).
- Once this process completes, the game will be a .3ds file inside
/gm9/out/and is immediately usable with Citra.
There was an error with dumping
- Make sure you are using the latest version of GodMode9.