The below wiki article is based on user submitted content.
Please verify all hyperlinks and terminal commands below!
Dumping Game Cartridges
How to Dump and Decrypt 3DS Cartridges
You must have a 3DS for this, you cannot use a PC alone.
Note on DLC and updates
Dumping a cartridge does not dump DLC and updates for that cartridge. Those are stored on the SD card. See Dumping Installed Titles for more information.
By far the most reliable method of dumping game cartridges.
- 3DS system with the ability to boot into Decrypt9WIP; Read its readme on how to do this using one of the various entry points.
- SD card with enough space to hold the dump; 8GB or higher recommended
- SD card reader (preferred), or a way to use wireless file transfer
- Boot the 3DS to Decrypt9WIP.
- Create a folder at the root of the 3DS SD card called
- Create a folder inside
- Insert the SD card into the 3DS.
- Insert the game cartridge to be dumped into the 3DS.
- From the root Decrypt9 menu, choose
Gamecart Dumper Options, then
Dump & Decrypt Cart (trim).
- Once this process completes, the game will be a .3ds file inside
/files9/D9Gameand is immediately usable with Citra.